- We are first and foremost pro small business. We listen to and represent the concerns and interests of our members, and our agenda is always set based on input from our members.
- We are pro-competition. When small business can compete, America wins. We don’t want favors, we just want a level playing field.
- We favor smaller government. We believe that government should set the rules for competition and get out of the way. Regulation, when possible, should be avoided, and markets, not politicians, should determine winners and losers
- We are not afraid to fight monopolists. Criminal anti-competitive behavior is not acceptable to small business; as a result, enforcement of clearly defined rules is necessary.
- We are against crony capitalism. Just as citizens shouldn't receive unfair handouts from the federal government, large corporations should not benefit from tax loopholes and federal subsidies. Businesses should compete and succeed or fail of their own merits. Tax loopholes and federal subsidies hurt small businesses because they are awarded to companies with greater political power.
- We are pro-open market. Markets should be competitive not just on price, but also on quality and service.
- We are committed to winning. We realize that small business resources are limited, but that our political capital is vast.
- We are loyal to our cause. We believe absolutely that supporting small businesses is the best, straightest path to a growing economy.
- We will provide member benefits beyond lobbying. While our primary mission is to lobby federal and state governments, we will work towards providing member benefits that support small businesses’ efforts to grow and compete.